Friday, June 29, 2007

Because Commitment Has It's Sacrifices

Now that I've spent all afternoon setting up and transferring files from my mom computer to my new laptop (thanks again grandma!), I now have time to update you, the reader, on what has been going on since my last entry.

My graduation was on Wednesday, and let me tell you, it was very lively. You had graduates dancing across the stage of Brooklyn College's Walt Whitman Hall to receive their diploma booklet and handshake.

The highlight of the ceremony (other than the staff showing their classic incompetence; more info coming up) was the keynote speech delivered by Mr. Tony Davis, coordinator of the College Now program in East Harlem.

B-C-H-S.

The initials of my high school.

Mr. Davis' speech's theme was: Because Commitment Has It's Sacrifices

Without dragging this out, the speech was fantastic, empowering, and will definitely stick with me for a long time.


I was the first in the to get my diploma booklet, and I was unfortunately misinformed about what to do. I walked up, got my handshake/booklet, and walked off. My name was not called. Apparently, the name cards they gave us earlier was for the announcer to pronounce our name (we were put in size order, not by last name). Luckily, Ms. Bauman, the senior adviser, called my name at the end (thanks!), though, I had to stand for a crowd of more than 1000. Talk about nerve irking.

---
Go Go Gadget Laptop!

No comments: