Monday, September 17, 2007

Diagnosis: Astigmatism

On September 10th, I was at the local clinic for a follow-up on my protein test that I took in August. Long-irrelevant-story short, she noticed a spec on my right eye's iris during the usual accompanying check-up. She suggested an appointment to the clinic's ophthalmologist.

Two days later I went to said ophthalmologist, Dr. Mason. Apparently, I have a slight astigmatism in both eyes - and I can attest to it. The lens test in itself proved that I need glasses. Letters that I struggled to read during the "cover-your-right/left-eye" test, were read without hesitation and then some. I was able to read the letters that I said I couldn't even see earlier.

I will be returning to his office in Woodside on Thursday where I'll have my eyes dilated and further testing will be done. I expect to be wearing glasses by Sunday (so far, it doesn't seem to be a 24/7 thing).

---
<(8D)>

No comments: