Friday, September 21, 2007

My message to my great... great... (and so on) grandchildren.

Fifty-thousand years from now? Well, if I do some quick math, coupled with obviously rounded estimates of when each future generation on my possible family beings, this message is for my great (x~1666) grandchildren.

It's impossible to predict and comprehend what kind of world the earth will be so long from this day, but I'll throw out a few events, and you can check them off if they've happened between the year 2007 and ~52005-52010.


- A major meteor strike on the earth.

- A tsunami hits the east coast of what was once the United States of America (assuming it no longer exists; at the rate it's going, I doubt it'll really live past the year 10000).

- At least 2 more world wars.

- Discovery of an extraterrestrial (E.T.) race.

- Contact with an E.T. race (for example: they visit us or we visit them).

- Humankind lands on every planet of our solar system (at least once).

- Humankind colonizes a planet of our solar system or a planet outside of our solar system.

- The revelation of a higher-being (example: God).

- The discovery of speeds faster than light (299,792,458 meters per second (1,079,252,848.8 km/h)).

There are many more events that can happen between now and then, and I must not waste my time guessing what can happen or, in your case, what has happened.

I can be sure of one thing that will never come to pass and that is world peace. No matter how hard humankind can try, there will always be hate. It's best to avoid hate. Though I can't promise it'll be easy.

Stay safe. Stay prosperous. Don't lose hope, love and, most importantly in this case, family.

Good luck and enjoy the rest of your lives.

Your ancestor, Jonathan Ace Wienclaw

---
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KEO
http://www.keo.org/uk/pages/message.php

No comments: