Sunday, December 23, 2007

Fall '07 Semester - Professor Report Card

If you're one of the long time readers of my blog, you know that after the end of every term I grade my teachers on their performance. Since I'm now in college I will be grading my professors with letters and points and not "stars" (*).

Each professor will be evaluated in 5 categories.

They are: Workload (All work and no play makes Jon a dull boy), Personality, Helpfulness, Clarity, and, Teaching Strategy.

Each category is rated on a 5 point scale. That is, -2 to +2.



After all the points, or loss of points, are tallied, they are then throw into another criteria.
I will not be making a crude chart for this one:

Overall score can be anywhere from -10 to +10.

+10 to +6 = Good (A)
+5 to +1 = Fine (or Fair) (B)
0 = Average (C)
-1 to -5 = Poor (D)
-6 to -10 = Bad (F)


Now, without further ado, let me begin.

Fall '07 Semester - Professors Report Card

English 110 - Sheldon

Workload = D (-1)
Personality = A (+2)
Helpful = A (+2)
Clarity = B (+1)
Teaching Strategy = C (0)

Overall = B+ (+4)

-

Music 001 - Orenstein

Workload = A (+2)
Personality = A (+2)
Helpful = B (+1)
Clarity = C (0)
Teaching Strategy = D (-1)

Overall = B+ (+4)

-

Philosophy 101 - Wigglesworth

Workload = A (+2)
Personality = A (+2)
Helpful = C (0)
Clarity = B (+1)
Teaching Strategy = C (0)

Overall = B+ (+5)

-

Psychology 101 - Berman

Workload = A (+2)
Personality = A (+2)
Helpful = C (0)
Clarity = C (0)
Teaching Strategy = B (+1)

Overall = B+ (+5)
-

No comments: