Monday, December 3, 2007

Weight

I stepped on the scale today and was shocked to see myself pushing 170. You may be wondering why I make it sound so bad; 170lbs is an average weight for a 18 year old. Well, think again. I'm 5' 5" and that puts my BMI around 27, a BMI value which considers me mildly overweight. Sure, I don't look overweight via my pictures, but the majority of my body fat collects around my stomach. Yes, I have rock hard abs, they're just protected by a layer of highly-noticeable-if-I-don't-succumb-to-the-involuntary-habit-of-sucking-in-my-gut-fat.

I'm hoping to get my weight back down to 150lbs and to also get rid of the belly fat that I have. I have the muscles, but not the body for it. It'll be tough to make a habit out of working out every other day, but damn it, I think it's time to start.

I've set up an account at Traineo. I'll also be putting badges on the sidebar at the right, you know, that annoying thing.

Wish me luck. Lots of it. I'm going to go have lunch, and then, I'm going to break out those weights.

---
Yes, I know muscle weighs more than fat, but gaining 15-20 pounds in a month is ridiculous...

No comments: