Thursday, March 20, 2008

Weight Watcher III: JUDDD

On Sunday I began my adventurous journey into the world of dieting. While it has only been 5 days, I can safely say that it's not as bad as I thought it would be. This is mostly due to the diet I'm using. It's called the Johnson's Upday Downday diet (JUDDD, for short).

In a nutshell, you strictly limit your calorie intake one day and the next day you're allowed to eat whatever you want up to your normal calorie intake for your body. The site itself tells you that for the first two weeks of dieting you should only drink diet shakes. I've tweaked the diet in my favor by only cutting my calories. I can eat what I want but I must keep under the limit.

Basically, on my diet, my week looks like this:

Sunday - Up-Day (UD)
Monday - Down-Day (DD), exercise
Tuesday - UD
Wednesday - DD, exercise
Thursday - OFFICIAL WEIGH-IN (first thing in the morning, you must weigh after a DD) UD
Friday - DD, exercise
Saturday - UD
-
I started the diet 3 days after my last weigh-in, so my results from this morning included anything I did those 3 days prior (ouch...).

Results:




Yes, I lost 3.4 pounds. I'm down to 177.8 pounds, a weight I haven't seen since right after my birthday (1/10).

At the rate I'm going, I'll be down to 150 lbs (my goal) by June.

As for my body fat, the first check was today: 24.57%
If this number drops with my weight, then that's a good thing. If not, then that means my muscles are being sapped. That is NOT what I want.

Here's hoping to a steady fat loss!

No comments: