Thursday, July 3, 2008

Weight Watcher IV

It's been a while since I've given an update on my recent weight loss plan. Unfortunately, it hasn't been going as good as I hoped. Below is a graph of my waistline, which I've realized is a much better indicator of how my fat-loss plan is going because my weight also incorporates muscle.



As you can see there is a spike in my waistline starting around the beginning of June. The dip in this graph occurs sometime in mid May, during which my weight hit a low record of 174. Once you put two and two together this graph clearly shows that I did lose some sort of fat, however, I did gain it back recently. What's interesting though is that my weight has stayed basically the same over the last month regardless of any fat loss, which makes me wonder if I've also lost muscle mass.
Since the diet plan that I mentioned in the last installment of Weight Watcher isn't going as well as I planned, I've started a new exercise program. I will be making this a daily goal: walk 10,000 steps. You may have already seen the new box at the top right of this page. So far, my first day at this hasn't been such a success. I've only accumulated a little under 4000 steps according to my pedometer, but tomorrow I'll be out on Long Island and I hope to be very active.

In my last entry I mentioned a back problem. Call it a false alarm. It seems my back has gotten better, and I'm assuming this was a muscle strain and not a herniated disc. A very bad muscle sprain actually. Just recently, this has gotten better after sleeping in a different position: on your side with a pillow between your legs. If your back bothers you, I highly recommend this sleeping position.

Enjoy the long weekend!

No comments: