Monday, September 22, 2008

Renal Wars: The Kidneys Fight Back

If you remember me posting about my kidneys a while ago, you might recall my ordeal with proteinuria may have subsided. Well, it didn't. In fact, it has gotten worse over the last year. It has gotten so bad that my kidney doctor (Nephrologist) has diagnosed me with Chronic Kidney Disease, (CKD) Stage 2.


What is CKD?

From what my doctor told me, it's when one or both kidney (in my unfortunate case, both) progressively lose their function. My doctor estimates both kidneys are working at 50% efficiency. My luck, eh?


My Future

I'll be getting a kidney biopsy done in the coming weeks to determine the cause of this CKD. Hopefully, it will be 100% reversible or at the very least, stoppable. Depending on the cause, I might need to take medication, restrict intake of certain OTC medications, restrict certain type of nutrients and foods (See: Diet), etc. The most extreme course of action would be to prepare for a transplant... just what I DON'T need to deal with.


I'll write a few blurbs here and there updating you, the reader, on my condition should anything large occur.

---
Colonization torrent download. Colonization torrent download. Colonization torrent download. This is a test. Colonization torrent download. Colonization torrent download. Ignore this. Colonization torrent download. Colonization torrent download.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: