Thursday, November 13, 2008

October-November 2008 Diet: Final Weigh-in

This week's goal:
November 13th: 169.9

Result:
174.2 pounds
-0.27 pounds of fat
-1.13 pounds of muscle

Okay, so I did not reach my final goal of 170. However, I did bring my weight down to levels not seen since January 2008 (10 months ago).


Analysis:
Since my diet started between two weigh-ins, the data below takes place from October 9th to November 13th.

Weight Line Graph

The blue line is the moving average. I believe it's a 7-day or 14-day MA.
The black line is the trend line. It's sloping negative just the way I want it.


Muscle/Fat Graph


The graph on the left is my lean muscle mass (in pounds). The graph on the right is my fatty mass (in pounds).


Totals:

From October 9th to November 13th:

0.69 pounds of muscle were lost...
5.51 pounds of fat were lost!
6.2 pounds overall were lost! ((A rate of ~1.24 lb/week. A healthy weight loss.))


Conclusion:

This diet was a success. Not as much fat was lost as I had hoped, but I did bring my weight down to a long lost level. The future brings a continuation of this diet. I've started getting into the habit of looking at calories before I eat, drinking more water, and not snacking too much between meals. Because I had my kidney biopsy recently, I cannot do any weigh lifting, so that's why my muscle was lost. However, I can restart my weight training on the 24th.

I'd like to see 170 by New Year's Day. That is a very possible goal now, especially since my rate of weigh loss is a little over 1 pound per week on average. Once I hit 170, I will work on bringing my fat down to 10% of my body weight. It's currently around 18.9%.

If I had to make a prediction: If I continue on this diet all the way to New Year's Day and beyond, I can see my weight anywhere between 170.7 and 160.2. A wide range of course, but anything can happen.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: