Sunday, January 4, 2009

Fit by the Fifth

I've been on Prednisone for a few weeks now. Only recently have the side effects begun to appear. Acne, and lots of it, and water retention along with rapid weight gain. I'm also fighting my first bout of chest congestion since I was 13 (maybe earlier). Prednisone makes you more susceptible to illness.

The acne isn't too bad. However, it's showing up in places, like my back and chest, that have never seen a single blemish. Interestingly enough, they vanish just as fast as they show themselves.

In addition to the acne and illness, I've gained 6 pounds in 2 weeks, mathematically wiping away any and all progress that was made over the past 2 months.

This brings me to my newest scheme in my fight against body fat.

I've just started a new workout routine today. It is as follows:

  • Jog in place for 10 minutes (this is to get my heart rate up; exercises my legs)
  • Preacher Curls (Targets my forearm and biceps)
  • Triceps Extensions (Targets the triceps, of course)
  • Side Deltoid Raise (Targets my deltoids, specifically the weakest area of them)
  • Push-ups (Targets my pectorals)
  • Crunches (Targets my abdominals)
The push-ups and crunches are done Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Everything else is once a day.

My goal is to be back to 174 pounds by February 5th. It'll be tough with the prednisone in my system, but a 6 pound gain of water/fat is unacceptable. It's time to take my body back.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: