Sunday, January 17, 2010

Always Check The Ring Finger

My own work,but it's a different camera.

Image via Wikipedia

File this under “Close one”.

Back in November, a few weeks after my first girlfriend broke up with me, I finally psyched myself into attempting to ask this really cute girl who was in my Accounting class. I spent days working up the courage to ask her out.

The moment finally came as she walked towards the door to the class. Something caught my eye though, on her left ring finger. A glimmer. A shine. It was a ring. More specifically, a wedding band.

So I didn’t ask her out in fear of completely embarrassing myself.

It was a smart choice as later on in the semester, we wound up having a friendly conversation in the classroom before class started. Not only was she married, she was 5 years older than I, she was an ex-military reservist, AND she had a 5-year old in kindergarten.

So gentlemen, in college, before you ask that girl out, take a peek at her ring finger.*

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: